Rebecca Turner, Ph.D., Principal and Founder
“Becky” Turner has 25 years of diverse experience including consulting to organizations, research, and coaching executives. At Turner Consulting Group (TCG) of San Francisco she provides assessment and coaching for seasoned leaders engaged in business challenges, high-potential executives, teams, conflict management and culture change. Expertise includes:
- Coaching senior leaders and C-suite executives
- Assessing, developing and retaining top talent
- Navigating challenging leadership initiatives and culture change
- Transitioning leaders from technical experts to influential, strategic leaders
- Developing a diverse leadership group
- Assessing organizational dynamics and conflict that impact leadership teams and results, and promoting effective management of relationships
- Developing effective senior teams
- Organizational culture assessment
- Assessing and coaching professionals and business leaders for career development
TCG serves a variety of sizes and types of client organizations and individuals including healthcare leaders and physician groups, technology companies, investment management professionals, attorneys, design and manufacturing firms, and universities among others.
Becky was trained as an executive coach at the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) and has been coaching leaders for the last 13 years. Her background includes serving as a faculty member, principal investigator and collaborator for scientific studies in health and behavior at the University of California School of Medicine in San Francisco and the California School of Professional Psychology. She understands the challenges of securing funds for innovative projects and leading and developing cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams.
Her consulting career began in the 1980s in Washington DC where she was a contractor for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to develop performance metrics for research and service programs. She spent several years teaching graduate students behavioral science courses in executive coaching, team dynamics in organizations, and organizational assessment.
Becky is on the Board of the Society of Consulting Psychology and is a member of the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. She holds a Ph.D. in psychology from The George Washington University and in the early 1990s was a postdoctoral scholar at Stanford University. She has authored numerous papers for journals and conference presentations.
Click here to download Becky's bio.
Click Partnerships to see our “bench strength”.